5 Reasons all Women Should Box
Boxing Training has not really been a sport promoted for women. However, last year saw what I hope is the beginning of a real shift. London 2012 Olympics with the inspiration of gold medalists Nicole Adams and Katie Taylor. These ladies are women with an amazing physique but an iron punch. Boxing Training is a great way for women to develop fitness and improve a skill. It can be used for all different levels of fitness. Whether your a mother, fitness enthusiast, or have an extremely stressful job. Boxing can be one of the most empowering workouts.
5 reasons females should box:
1. Throwing punches is a great way to increase your cardiovascular fitness. It elevates your heart rate. Taxes different energy systems that will improve both your aerobic and anaerobic systems.
2. Strength and toning The common assumption with boxing is that it is just an upper body workout. If you women would like fantastically toned arms and shoulders boxing is for you. However, when done with the right techniques its a great whole body workout from killer calfs to a buff behind.
3. Speed and Agility With short bursts of high intensity and constant moving around in different directions. As your Speed and agility improves this is a great transferable skill for busy mums chasing kids or even running for the tube for work.
4. Who doesn't need to de-stress and let out some steam?!? Hitting Pads and the bag is definitely a great way to let out some stress. You can jab,cross and right hook your way to feeling emotionally amazing! It's great a release for the mind especially after a hectic day at work.
5. It's also a great empowerment and confidence builder as you also learn self defence techniques
"I am a mother who spends a lot of time doing what I see as a very female role, boxing is something totally different from anything else I normally do, and a great way to let off some steam" - Diana